The State-owned public airport of Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport is situated in Barrow, which is a city in the North Slope Borough of Alaska. The Airport is located to the extreme north on the United States of America (USA) and is bound by the Chukchi Sea. The airport got its name from that of the American aviator Wiley Post and humorist Will Rogers, who died in a plane crash on account of bad weather.
The Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport has been coded as PABR by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and as BRW by International Air Transport Association (IATA).
Other important features of The Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport, Alaska are as follows:
Of the 19 aircrafts based on the field, 9 consist of single-engine airplanes, 6 multi-engine airplanes, 3 Helicopters, and a Jet Airplane. As on 1st January, 2006, Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport, Alaska had 11,750 operating aircrafts with an average of 32 flights a day, 51% of which consisted of air taxis, 38% general aviation, 10% scheduled commercial flights, and remaining 1% military flights.
- The Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport is a civil airport
- The airport has a 6500 feet long paved runway built of asphalt
- Customs service is available at the airport for which, prior notification is required
- The instrument approach of the airport is published officially (known as Instrument Flight Rules or IFR) procedure for the airport. This suggests that it is safe for flights to take-off from or land at Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport even during insufficient light or bad weather
The following are the passenger airlines and the respective destinations to which they flew from Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport in Alaska, USA:
Among the cargo airlines that flew from the Airport of Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial, the Northern Air Cargo is worth mentioning.
- Alaska Airlines (to Anchorage and Fairbanks)
- Frontier Flying Service (to Atqasuk, Nuiqsut, Point Lay, and Wainwright)
- Hageland Aviation Services (to Atqasuk, Nuiqsut, and Wainwright)
The city of Barrow is a North Slope Borough of Alaska. The most significant fact attached to Barrow is that it is the northernmost settlement on the North American mainland and also in the United States of America (USA).
www.flightshotelstours.com provides detailed, online information on Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport, as well as on Flights to Barrow and Flights to Alaska.