Situated at a distance of 5 kilometers to the Southwest of the central business district of Anchorage, which itself, is the largest city in Alaska, the Lake Hood Strip Airport is a base for aircrafts and seaplanes.
The Lake Hood Strip Airport, Alaska is a public airport that functions round the clock. Managing as many as 190 flights on an average and on a day-to-day basis, the airport is also one of the busiest seaplane bases in the whole world. Lake Hood Seaplane Airport also lies on Lakes Hood and Spenard and is in proximity to Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, which itself is 3 miles away from downtown Anchorage.
Lake Hood Seaplane Airport According to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Airport Lake Hood Seaplane has been coded as PALH. However, the airport does not bear any designation from the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
The significant features of the Lake Hood Seaplane Airport, Alaska can be listed as follows:
- The airport is open for civilians
- The runway of the airport is paved with gravel, measures 4500 feet in length and is known as Lake Hood Airstrip and is coded as (FAA LID: Z41)
- Lake Hood Seaplane Airport does not provide any customs service
- There is an officially published instrument approach (known as Instrument Flight Rules or IFR) procedure for the airport, which suggests that Lake Hood Seaplane Airport makes all the necessary arrangements for flights to take-off from or land at Lake Hood Seaplane Airport during bad weather of inadequate light
The Lake Hood Seaplane Airport in Alaska, USA which include:
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Information Desk
- Reserved Car Park
- Telephone and Internet Facilities
Being the largest city in the state of Alaska, Anchorage is a consolidated borough that is officially known as the Municipality of Anchorage. The city is noticeable by the abundant natural tourist attractions formed by the rivers of Knik Arm and Turnagain Arm along with a whole lot of other features.
Flights hotels tours, a world travel guide provides detailed, online information on Lake Hood Seaplane Airport, as well as on Flights to Anchorage and Flights to Alaska USA.