Known ideally as the “sporting and cultural capital” of Australia, Melbourne is the global locus of a plethora of world-famed events and festivals. It is a metropolis where the denizens see, breathe and live sports and arts in all their imaginable forms. Think of your most obscure interest and this city will reply with an event and that too on a mega scale. No wonder, International Events in Melbourne are hence something that reflect the city's soul in its truest form.
The exhaustive International Event Guide of Melbourne features more than a quadruplet of them to fit in one season or rather one month of a year. Even the local Events and Festivals of Melbourne are celebrated in such massive scales that they sometimes put big international ones to shame! The major International Events in Melbourne can be broadly classified into two categories- Arts and Sports.
Coming to the arts and cultural arena first, the city of Melbourne, known as “Australia's live music capital,” hosts a good number of events on the international scale. Some of them are:
- Melbourne International Arts Festival- Since its genesis in 1986, all the country's renowned artists from the fields of dance, theater, opera, music, visual arts, multimedia- from Jimmy Cliff to Kylie Minogue have been turning up to make this October fest a huge success.
- Melbourne International Film Festival- Dutifully showcasing classics from all round the globe, this event is one its way to its 57th year in 2008.
Off the beaten track, the list of Melbourne International Events feature some strikingly different ones that are one of their own kinds in the whole world. Some of these International Events in Melbourne, Australia are:
Besides, some other big Melbourne International Festivals that you will like to be a part of includes:
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival- One of the three largest comedy festivals in the world, the event showcases a high profile line up of stand-up, cabaret theater, visual art exhibitions, a comedy film festival and free performances by national-level artists.
- Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show- A royal feast to mortal eyes- a huge fiesta of colors, this gala is full of cutting edge floral designs along with an open exhibition & sale of garden sculptures.
Coming to the vibrant sports section, the list of International Events in Melbourne is just an endless one. Some of the topmost ones include:
- Melbourne Fringe Festival
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival
- Australian Formula One Grand Prix- Melbourne heralds the advent of spring with this gala event, when the suburb of Albert Park and a few kilometers of roads ahead are transformed into a thrilling 5.3-kilometer motor racing circuit. World's best drivers throng here to give each other the toughest competition in a terrific adrenalin-surging fight.
- Adelaide International
- Hopman Cup
- Australian Tennis Open
- With the World Champions up conquer the global cricket empires this is the hub of great teat matches and one-dayers.
What rules here is the “Aussies Rules” aka AFL Football, the home-grown football code in Australia. Some of the Melbourne International Events lined up in the recent future are:
- 2008 AFL Finals
- 2008 NAB Cup
The favorite championships between Tigers and Dragons always there to heat up the scenario.
Spring Racing Carnival is also there to spice up the sports scene of Australia.
So, wait no more! These events are almost sold out. Be there to be a part of these International Events in Melbourne before it is too late.
Log on to www.flightshotelstours.com for more latest updates on International Events in Melbourne.