Hughenden Airport in Queensland, Australia was opened in 1963. Located 4.2 km from the center of the town, this airport serves Hughenden and surrounding areas by carrying passengers, mails and freights out and into the region.
The IATA code of Hughenden Airport in Australia is HGD, while the ICAO code is YHUG. The airport lies at 144° 12’ 0” E longitude and 20° 50’ 0” S Latitude. The runway length of Hughenden Airport is 5400 feet, while the runway elevation is 1043 feet. The runway is paved with asphalt. The airport is fitted with IFR facility which allows aircrafts to land at the airport even during bad weather conditions and in the dark.
Air Atlanta Icelandic is the only airlines operating at Hughenden airport in Hughenden. The airline operates:
- 1 daily flight from Hughenden to Townsville, for a total of 18 seats
- 1 daily flight from Hughenden to Richmond, for a total of 18 seats
Some prominent facts about Hughenden Airport in Hughenden are:
The Hughenden airport is maintained in accordance with international standard of airport maintenance and management. Some facilities offered at the Hughenden Airport for the convenience of the passengers, aircrafts and crew include:
- There are 2 nonstop flights per week departing from Hughenden, AU.
- Hughenden, AU connects with 2 cities nonstop.
- There are 6 flights per week flying on small aircraft from Hughenden, AU.
- The smallest commercial aircraft flying out of Hughenden, AU is a SWM with 18 seats.
- The longest flight from Hughenden Airport is 199 miles.
- Over 108 passengers can travel out of Hughenden Airport every week.
- The shortest flight out of Hughenden Airport is 70 miles.
- Hughenden Airport has 6 flights departing per week for short haul destinations.
- Baggage Carts
- Telephone booths
- Flight Information Monitors
- Medical Services
- Internet Access
- Aviation fuel
- Pilot Lounge
Flightshotelstours.com gives detailed information on Hughenden Airport and flights to Hughenden.