Cairns tours take you close to the various tourist attractions in Cairns, Queensland. Cairns is currently one of the most popular tourist draws in Australia. The city is home to many attractions that draw a substantial number of tourists round the year.
About Cairns Tours
While Cairns is renowned all over the world for its closeness to the Great Barrier Reef, the city also houses various adventure, activities, sightseeing, and Cairns tours. These tours include the following:
- Bungee jumping
- Reef boat tours
- Food and wine tours
- White water rafting
- Daintree rainforest hikes
- Horse riding
- Deep sea fishing
- Crocodile cruises and wildlife adventures
- Quad biking
- Hot air ballooning
- Helicopter flights
- Sea kayaking
- Cape Tribulation four wheel drive expeditions
The list of activities on a Cairns tour is never complete. Regardless of what your budget is, you only need to ensure you have sufficient time to enjoy all the sightseeing activities and adventure sports that Cairns can offer you. You should not forget to book all your trips and activities in advance prior to visiting Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. This is because most of the tours are booked beforehand. All the tours can be booked online. Some of the most popular Cairns tours are given below:
Rainforestation Nature Park Tours
Rainforestation Nature Park tours can be divided into three types and they are as follows:
1) Army Duck Rainforest Tour – Running since the park was inaugurated in 1976, tourists explore the rainforest on board of an amphibious World War II Army Duck (DUKW). A guide gives details regarding the variety of regional flora and fauna. The trip starts on a lake, and goes through a tropical fruit garden, with more than 40 various categories of unusual tropical fruit plants.
2) Koala & Wildlife Park – This park was opened in 1996. Tourists can walk on high walkways to watch indigenous Australian wildlife species like koalas, crocodiles, wallabies, kangaroos, wombats, dingoes, lizards, cassowaries, and snakes.
3) Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience – It started in 1993. The meaning of Pamagirri is “silent snake”. The Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience incorporates performances in a rainforest amphitheater by the Pamagirri Aboriginal Dance Group. Tourists get an idea about boomerang throwing and can participate in didgeridoo playing in the Dreamtime Walk.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Tours
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides three packages to the travelers and they are as follows:
Rainforestation Nature Park: You can visit the Rainforestation Nature Park near Cairns. It is closely located to Kuranda, North Queensland.
Tjapukai Aboriginal and Cultural Park: This park is a major tourist attraction, which is closely situated to the Caravonica Base Station.
Kuranda Wildlife Experience: You can visit Kuranda via this cableway. Kuranda is the greenest railway station in Australia and is home to Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve. Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve is the only zoo in Northern Queensland to have ungulates and big cats. You can return from Kuranda via the Kuranda Scenic Railway.
Daintree National Park Tours
Daintree National Park is one of the biggest tourist attractions near Cairns. Tours are organized to this national park on a regular basis. Daintree National Park is known across the world for its unparalleled biodiversity. The park features various endangered species of birds and animals that are a real feast to your sights. You will also get the opportunity to see the famous Mossman Gorge in this area.
Cape Tribulation Tours
Cape Tribulation is a cape located in Northern Queensland. You can reach there and take part in different thrilling adventure activities like jungle surfing, guided nightwalks, crocodile cruises, horse riding, and kayaking.
Wet Tropics of Queensland Tours
The World Heritage Rainforest or the Wet Tropics of Queensland tours are organized by many tour operators. It is one of the National Heritage Sites in Australia. During this tour, you can visit the following national parks located in the Rainforest:
- Girringun National Park
- Wooroonooran National Park
- Cedar Bay National Park
- Daintree National Park
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Black Mountain (Kalkajaka) National Park
You will get to see protected areas and rare species of plants in this region.
Atherton Tableland Tours
Atherton Tableland is a part of the Great Dividing Range. During this tour, you will enjoy viewing the following attractions:
Paronella Park Tours
- The Barron River
- Hann Tableland National Park
- Mount Hypipamee Crater and Dinner Falls
- Curtain Fig Tree
- Undara Volcanic National Park
- Lake Barrine
- Lake Eacham
Paronella Park is around 120 km south of Cairns. Paronella Park tours can be categorized into the following:
The Darkness Falls Tour: This is a one hour night tour of the place starting at 6:20 p.m., with an extra trip departing at 8:30 p.m. at the time of peak season.
The Dream Continues Tour: It is essentially a guided walk of 45 minutes, heading off every half-hour from 9:30 a.m. and going on till 4:30 p.m. The tour emphasizes on the prominent aspects of the park and lets people know about the chronicle of José Paronella’s concepts for the spot.
Self-guided Botanical Walk: It is a self-guided trip with the help of a 16-page leaflet having information about the flora of the park with different plant species recognized all over the park.
The Great Barrier Reef Tours
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most famous tourist destinations near Cairns. You can reach the place via boat in less than one hour from Cairns. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest reef system in the world. Located in the Coral Sea, the Great Barrier Reef is away from the seashore of Queensland, northeast Australia.
In 1981, the Great Barrier Reef was recognized as a World Heritage Site. It is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and the state symbol for Queensland.
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is one of the main attractions in this area. There are plenty of endangered species of flora and fauna in the area. Biodiversity of this area is simply remarkable. If you love scuba diving, then the Great Barrier Reef is the right place for you.
Cheap World Tours gives detailed information on Cairns Tours .
Last updated on 29/10/2010