Adelaide is the capital of South Australia. It is also the fifth largest city in Australian mainland having an estimated population of 1.2 million. Adelaide is located on the shores of Gulf St Vincent and is one of the largest coastal cities in the nation. Elegant architecture, beaches, art events, museums, gardens, and parks make Adelaide an important tourist attraction. Adelaide tours would award you with a memorable vacation in Australia.
About Adelaide tours
Adelaide tours comprise sightseeing, tour to the wineries, places of attractions, popular beaches, nightlife centers, restaurants, and cafes trips. The holiday to Adelaide hills can be an interesting part of your tour to Adelaide city. Adelaide festivals and events are major draw for the tourists.
How to reach Adelaide
Adelaide can be reached via airway, train, and roadways. It is an hour drive from many cities on the east coast of Australia. Melbourne to Adelaide would take around eight to nine hours. Through National Highway, the distance between Sydney to Adelaide is 1,422 kms. The closest Adelaide airport is 7 km. There are shuttles, buses, and rental car services from the airport to any part of the city.
Adelaide airport has international carriers to Auckland, Hong Kong, Denpasar, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Nadi. Domestic flights from Adelaide connect Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, and Canberra.
Other transport services
For inter-city travel, the JetBus services are available from the airport to other places of attractions. The bus services are available at an interval of 15 minutes. Great Southern Railway connects Alice Springs and Darwin. Adelaide Metro is also an important mode of transportation in the city.
Places of attractions in Adelaide
A complete Adelaide tour would comprise of visit to the places of tourists attractions. The city has large number of museums, galleries, national parks, historic monuments, clubs, and casinos. The shopping centers and nighttime markets are also favorite destinations for shoppers.
Popular places to visit in Adelaide include the following:
- Migration Museum
- Art Gallery of South Australia
- South Australian Museum
- National Motor Museum
- Belair National Park
- Cleland Conservation Park
- Morialta Conservation Park
- Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary
- he Bicentennial Conservatory
- West Beach
- Adelaide Hills
Things to do in Adelaide
Adelaide is an interesting city in South Australia with a myriad of touring opportunities and exciting things to do. There are places to enjoy for both adults and kids alike. Below given are some of the activities that tourists can indulge in during their Adelaide city tours.
- Haigh's Chocolate factory tour
- The Adelaide Casino tour on the North Terrace is a desired hideout for nightlife lovers.
- The Adelaide botanic gardens can be visited during the afternoon. You can take relaxing walks while your children are busy exploring the flora and fauna in the garden stretch.
- Australia is popular for hosting many domestic and international sports events. Adelaide Oval stadium has many such events taking place during the summer months. You can be an audience to any of the sports tournaments.
- Shopping in Adelaide is affordable and you can purchase designer apparels, shoes, specialty goods, and accessories.
Gouger Street in Adelaide is a host to number of restaurants, cafes, and coffee-bars. You can savor Asian, Italian, and seafood here.
There are luxury, boutique, and budget hotels in Adelaide serving the business and leisure travelers. The hotels in Adelaide are well equipped with room services, internet facilities, meeting rooms, and banquet halls. Below given are few popular Adelaide hotels where you can stay during your Adelaide tours.
Last updated on 29/10/2010
- Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
- Stamford Grand Adelaide
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide
- Buxton Manor